Thursday, November 15, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving (a little early...)

Well, our camera battery ran out as we were running out the door for our first black tie event, but at least we got one shot to document this spit-up-and-applesauce-free moment. Rob looked like James Bond in his tuxedo. I dressed up a simple dress that I already owned with a beaded belt and my grandmother's rhinestone clutch (a gift to her from their French exchange student when my dad was in high school!). Oh, and I wore my Stuart Weitzman shoes that I bought on clearance for $40! The event was in recognition of Peoria's new Children's Hospital, a $234 million project that is currently under construction by OSF, the same hospital where I delivered Madeline.

Tomorrow, we'll take off for a 10-day trip that kicks off Thanksgiving. We'll start in Chicago, where I'm co-hosting a baby shower with Erin and Tara for our good friends, Jamie and Eric. Then we'll spend some time with Rob's family in Geneva before we drive up to Minocqua, WI to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family. We'll get to visit with my sister, Mollie, who's flying in from Denver, and hear all about my dad and Nancy's house-hunting trip in Beijing! Then back down to Geneva to celebrate Thanksgiving with the Vlachs. Lucky Maple's coming along for the ride.

So it will be about a week-and-a-half before I post another blog...but hopefully before now and then, I'll get to see some of you in person! Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: