Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Summer is Here!

Last Saturday, we had a great time visiting with Jamie, Eric and Kainoa, who spent several hours with us on their way up to Chicago from Louisville. Madeline l-o-v-e-d her boyfriend. In her exuberance, she kept hugging Kainoa and squealing "Bab-eeee" -- it must have sounded like a fire alarm to the five-month old, who's used to relative peace and quiet.

With temperatures close the 90's, Madeline's been putting her bathing suits to use. On Sunday, we went to the water park five minutes from our house and tossed her around. She was tentative at first, but warmed up pretty quickly -- I actually thought the lifeguards might give us a warning because of the way she was running around! She's been playing in neighborhood sprinklers as well and helping water the flowers (and by "water the flowers," I mean nailing Maple and me while I try to take pictures...).

This summer is going to be great. Mollie and I are visiting Andi in Los Angeles for a long sister weekend -- we're already planning out our three days, which will definitely include Rodeo Drive and Hollywood. I hope I don't get mistaken for a movie star; happens all the time. (Kidding. Obviously.)

I'm also excited to teach the ACT Writing Review class at Peoria's community college next Tuesday. With the exception of a little Junior Achievement here and there, I've never taught before, and I've certainly never developed a lesson plan to fill two hours. It will be a great learning experience, and if I like it, I may teach other sessions like English and Reading.

Also, my friend Erin just started a blog about her family's adventures with their daughter, Cassidy. Check it out!

No comments: