Wednesday, January 1, 2014

So That's a Boy Tea Party for You...

Today Charlie wanted to have a tea party! He saw all the tea cups I have on the kitchen counter as I start planning Madeline's 7th birthday. What a hoot! After years and years of girly tea parties with Mimi, I got to enjoy a whole different interpretation with my boy. A boy tea party.

Charlie chose honey camomile tea. It all started above board. We talked in a British accent and kept asking each other for a "spot of tea" after we took a couple of sips...our cups were perpetually full. I asked him to tell me all his favorite colors, about his morning at school, and to tell me everything he knows about dinosaurs. Pretty soon, he was telling me about the poop exhibit at the Milwaukee Public Museum, informing me of certain strange rhino rituals. Then there was some bubble blowing in his bone china tea cup. Giggle fest. Burping and ridiculously loud tooting. Outright laughing as he blurted out random words and phrases like "oxygen!" and "dinosaurs have nostrils!"

So that's a boy tea party for you. 

No comments: