Saturday, July 28, 2007

Taking Sabbatical

Our big news is that Rob and I decided that I will take a little time off from my communications job to focus on Madeline. So today was my last day -- I handed in my security badge and laptop and said my good-byes.

It was one of the very hardest decisions I have ever made in my life. Thankfully, in the week since I informed my boss, I have felt completely confident in my decision. It reassured me to know that I'll always be able to go back to work (in the meantime, I'm excited to freelance), but Madeline's growing so fast and she'll only be this little once! In fact, this morning when I looked at her, I was certain her face had changed.

I'm sure this decision is just as difficult for almost all women. Torn between a profession that I enjoy and my new job as a mom. I think just one conversation with my mom would have provided so much clarity. But her example is part of my inspiration -- she stayed home with us and then went back to work and had a very full, successful career. She had it all....just not all at once.

So tonight Rob and I are popping a bottle of champagne that's chilling in the freezer! In fact, he's waiting for me now....

No comments: