Thursday, February 20, 2014

Sweet Charlie turns five!!

  
 
Today our sweet Charlie turned five years old!

He woke up to a room filled with 70 multicolored balloons. It literally blew his mind. So we started with a bang. Okay, full disclosure. He actually woke up at 3am to go to the bathroom and that's when he first discovered his surprise. He ran into our room saying, "There are hundreds of balloons in my room" with enough energy for it to be high noon.
Rob, John and I went to Charlie's classroom first thing in the morning to read a story to his class. He chose Ambulance in Action, and sat between me and Rob in the special birthday chair, wearing the shirt Grammy made him and the "I'm Five Today" sticker that Aunt Andi and Uncle Kyle sent in his birthday card. He loved being the center of attention.
Charlie was Star of the Week at school!
After school, Rob and I loaded both of our cars with little boys and headed back to the house for a fabulous Spiderman birthday party. Charlie wanted Madeline at his party too, so we sprung her from first grade for a couple of hours. The boys played Duck Duck Goose (they called it Spiderman Spiderman Ironman), which cracked me up because the first time Charlie touched a buddy's head and said Goose, all eight boys hopped up, running like crazy around the living room. I realized I had to teach them how to play first. Then we took turns hopping down the hallway in potato sacks, and sat down to mini pizzas and strawberries for lunch. Cake, gift opening, bouncy house in the basement. A five-year-old's dream come true.
Charlie, Thomas, Richard, Conrad, Georgie, Charlie H., Miles, Teddy
Later that night, we went to the brand new pizza restaurant around the corner, Roman Candle, for Charlie's family birthday party. Before we settled on that though, I asked Charlie what he wanted for his birthday dinner -- Rob and I chuckled as he answered in his throaty voice, "Uhmm, cheesy hot dogs, peanut butter and jelly and pizza." Sounds great to me!

Last weekend, my dad and Ning took Charlie on his birthday adventure...Charlie Day! He chose to eat at Jimmy Johns, and then they took him to Winkie's to pick out a toy!
Then on Sunday, the Vlachs came up to celebrate our little guy too! We LOVE you, Charlie!!

Duck Duck Goose (Or Spidey Spidey Ironman, as the boys said)

No comments: