Monday, April 3, 2017

An Amazing Girl's Weekend in Paris!

My dad and Ning flew to Luxembourg to help with the kids so that I could head back to the States to meet Mollie and Kenny's baby boy, who was due April 1st. As plans were still being shaped, I found out that my dear friend Emily, as well as her daughter Megan (one of Madeline's girlfriends in Whitefish Bay), were going to be in Paris, only two hours away. So Ning and I put our heads together and came up with the perfect plan.

Ning, Madeline, Bitsy and I boarded the TGV to Paris for a very memorable weekend!
Catching up on her current events....
Outside our 5th Arrondisement Airbnb

We met our dear Wisconsin friends in the Jardin du Luxembourg, ate a Parisian picnic lunch and sailed toy boats -- such a happy reunion! Then we slowly ambled back through the streets of Paris -- gelato in hand -- to our Airbnb to meet Ning and sleeping Bitsy.
My dear friend, Emily!
Later that afternoon and evening, Bitsy rode in the carrier as I wandered our neighborhood, stopping in boutiques and snapping photos while Ning and Madeline had a special adventure of their own riding the carousel! As I wandered back to our rental home, I heard familiar laughs -- it was Ning and Madeline on the same street about 200 yards in front of me. We ate crepes for dinner. Parfait!
Buying vintage French ads along the Seine. I loved this guy -- he complimented my French!
The next morning, we had quite an adventure catching an Uber, just barely getting to the train on time (and only because it was delayed). Once again, Ning and I conquered the impossible! Then I traveled on to the Airport for a whirlwind trip to the States to meet my new nephew, Anders!

No comments: