Thursday, September 27, 2007

I Take You...

Today is our fourth wedding anniversary! It has gone by so quickly... Every day I count my lucky stars that I get to share my life with my best friend. I love that Rob has never once removed his wedding ring since the moment I put it on him, and that he carries the wedding vows we wrote, ripped out of our wedding program, in his wallet:

I take you, Rob, to be my husband. You're my best friend, my love and a blessing in my life. I promise to be true to you; to honor and respect you; to listen to you and to be patient with you; to take care of you in good times and in bad; and to believe in you the way you believe in me. I want to make you laugh often, and I want to live our lives as an adventure, with you by my side as long as I live.

This morning, Rob got up early with Madeline and made us a big breakfast. Then the three of us met for lunch at a fun Vietnamese restaurant, and tonight, after the little girl goes to sleep we'll celebrate with sushi and a movie at home. Because we had our romantic Starved Rock weekend earlier this month, a relaxed night in sounds perfect. So, the traditional fourth anniversary gift is flowers, specifically geraniums (hmmm), and the modern gift is an appliance (an appliance?). Gosh, every girl's dream come true....

Since I'm a little behind, here's a quick update: Last weekend, Rob went fly fishing for the first time with his buddies, Dan and Garrett. He absolutely loved the peaceful sport, calling it "gentleman's fishing." Madeline also met my good friend and her husband, Julie and Rob, at Apple Blossom Farm.

No comments: