Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Breast Cancer 3-Day

Last weekend, dear friends of mine, Johanna and Molly, walked 60 miles in the Breast Cancer 3-Day, which benefits Susan G. Komen by funding breast cancer research and community outreach. They walked for my mom. I am so blessed to have such amazing women in my life.

Here is what Jo said in an email when they were all done:
The 3-Day was AMAZING. You absolutely have to do it. All of your sister’s should; you should do it together. Molly and I met these sisters who were walking together for their mom. Everyone there was amazing. I could go on for hours about it. It was so inspirational. It was very emotional, too. But so awesome. The stories of the courage, and the fighters, and the mourners. It. Was. Amazing! I don’t want to tell you too much, because you almost just have to see for yourself. But it was so fun. It was also very hot, and very hard. But we had trained well, and we walked every single stinking mile!! The closing ceremonies were incredible. Erica and her mom came and when I saw them I went crazy. The combination of little sleep, my emotions on overdrive, and the adrenalin through my body made that surprise so great. It was a lifetime experience.

Every walker signed a "remembrance" tent for those who have passed away to breast cancer. Molly and Jo wrote my mom's name.

Thank you, Molly and Jo...for remembering and for being such terrific friends.

No comments: